Oslon Black Flat LED Offers Two Chips
Osram Opto Semiconductors has introduced a new 2-chip version of the Oslon Black Flat LED. As with other LEDs from the Oslon Black Flat family, the new version features a high level of brightness and is suitable for all headlight functions. The major advantage of the new LED is that, as an SMT component, it can be attached directly to the PCB and then processed with other components as part of a standard soldering process. The simplicity of this implementation translates into significant cost and time savings during further processing.
The new Oslon Black Flat features:
- Over 500 lumens at 1 ampere.
- Compact 3.1 x 3.75 x 0.5 mm package.
- Suitability for all headlight functions such as low beams, high beams, and fog lamps.
- Suitability for daytime running lights with light guides, where optical incoupling is key.
- Simple attachment to a circuit board, processed as part of standard soldering operations.
- Homogeneous distribution of light.
- Good contrast ratio.
- Cyclic stability.
- Strong soldered joints: the black QFN housing expands in a similar manner to the circuit board during high temperature cycle loads.
A special sealing technology, together with the sophisticated package and a ceramic phosphor converter, enables a highly uniform distribution of light as well as good contrast conditions on roads. This is abetted by the chip encapsulation which allows you to achieve a defined bright/dark border in the light beam, as well as the high contrast of the luminous surface of both chips in relation to the package.
For more information please visit www.osram-os.com