FCI Expands Its HPCE Product Range with Power Connectors for Thicker PCBs
FCI (Singapore) increased the versatility of its popular High Power Card Edge (HPCE) product range with the new HPCE straddle mount connectors for thicker printed circuit boards (PCBs).
FCI’s original HPCE straddle mount connectors were manufactured to be mounted on the more commonly-used 1.57 mm-thick PCBs. Engineers are now given more flexibility as FCI’s latest straddle mount additions, with their redesigned terminal tails:
- Allow the components to be mounted on even thicker PCBs of up to 3 mm.
- Accommodate a +/-10% tolerance in thickness.
- Retain the same reliable and efficient mechanical and electrical performances found in other HPCE connectors, allowing them to meet the most stringent requirements in the market.
- Offer strong current carrying capabilities, making them ideal components for demanding AC and DC power supply systems.
- Come in compact and low profile packages, making them ideal for add-in card applications in increasingly tight system architectures.
- Maximize airflow with their low profile height, which facilitates high linear current density and low contact resistance.
- Are modularly tooled to make them highly configurable in terms of the number and placement of power and signal contacts.
These attributes make the HPCE power connector family ideal for the next generation 1U/2U servers, storage enclosures, telecommunications equipment, and networking equipment.
For more information, please visit www.fci.com.