Cypress Semiconductor (San Jose, CA) recently introduced a new controller in its TrueTouch Gen5 family that brings noise-immunity touchscreen control technology to superphones, smartphones, tablets, and e-readers. The TMA568 controller:
- Supports writing and drawing with a 2.0-mm-tip passive stylus.
- Enables touchscreens to capture characters as small as 7 mm. This capability is important for writing in languages that require enhanced character recognition for reliable text input, such as Chinese and Japanese.
- Adds a palm rejection feature to the Gen5 family that recognizes a user’s palm touching the screen and prevents unintended touch inputs.
- Delivers superior responsiveness by integrating 58 sense I/Os and 21 parallel receive channels, enabling scanning of the entire panel in a single pass.
- Provides precise tracking of smaller fingers and styluses by allowing for tight spacing of touchscreen sensors.
- Supports screens up to 8.3 inches at a 5.0-mm sensor pitch.
ChargerArmor feature delivers:
- 40 volt peak-to-peak (Vpp) charger noise immunity measured from 1 to 500 kHz.
- Ultra-thin 0.5-mm cover lens.
- Finger-size up to 22 mm.
For more information, please visit touch.cypress.com.