New Telit 3G Module to Accelerate Market’s Move to Higher Speeds
Telit Wireless Solutions (Raleigh, NC, and London) has announced the introduction of the company’s first 3G-cellular module to employ the versatile VQFN mounting technology at this year’s M2M Summit. The product, which also incorporates a Python Script Language interpreter, is capable of running customer applications internally without the need for additional electronics. The UL865 module series delivers HSPA data rates of 7.2 Mbps down and 5.76 Mbps up and will be available in variants targeted at European and North American markets. The dual-band UMTS/HSPA, dual-band GSM/GPRS engine in the UL865 SERIES:
- Is voice-capable, supporting digital (DVI) interface.
- Delivers UMTS/HSPA 3GPP Release 7 compliant data communications.
- Comes equipped with a high-speed USB 2.0 port, 8 I/O ports, 2 A/D converters, and 1 D/A converter.
The embedded Python script interpreter allows the processing core in the cellular engine to run customer applications which can, among other things, access a companion Telit GPS|Glonass receiver module directly for a complete tracking device. The UL865 SERIES is ideal for the battery-powered wearable technology segment, featuring:
- Low-power consumption.
- 24.4 x 24.4 x 2.6 mm size.
- GPIOs operating on battery-friendly 1.8 V logic.
For more information please visit http://www.telit.com