Hittite Microwave (Chelmsford, MA) has launched a new power amplifier which maintains excellent performance over its operating frequency range. The new amplifier, HMC6981LS6, is ideal for high linearity point-to-point and point-to-multi-point radios, SATCOM, military, and space applications.
- Is a 4-stage GaAs pHEMT MMIC power amplifier.
- Operates between 15 to 20 GHz.
- Has up to +43.5 dBm OIP3 and draws only 1,100 mA from a +6 V supply, making it ideal for a “green” mode of operation, which requires amplifiers offering increased RF output performance for less DC input power.
- Is housed in a ceramic RoHS compliant 6 x 6 mm QFN leadless air cavity package which exhibits low thermal resistance and is compatible with surface mount manufacturing techniques. The RF I/Os are internally matched to 50 Ohms.
Ideal for covering the 18 GHz licensed microwave radio band, the amplifier provides:
- 26 dB of gain.
- +34.5 dBm of saturated output power.
- 25% PAE from a +6 V supply.
For more information please visit www.hittite.com.