Elma’s New Single-Slot 3U VPX Board
Elma Electronic (Fremont, CA) now offers a dual drive, VPX storage module. The new 533x family features:
- More than 2 terabytes (TB) of storage.
- A single system slot.
- Either solid state SLC, MLC, or 2.5” rotating drives to match both the environmental attributes and functionality requirements of specific applications.
- Reliable performance in harsh conditions found in many defense operations, ranging from ground to shipborne and airborne systems. Growing application areas with increasing data requirements include signal intelligence, engine control, and mission critical information storage.
- Controller/carrier card configuration that allows for system expansion to meet increasing storage needs of a variety of applications needing high capacity, expandability, and RAID protection, as found in the industrial and commercial markets.
- Software RAID providing data protection and access speed.
- Extreme temperature and shock resistance.
- Convection-cooled versions that operate from -40° to +85°C.
- Conduction-cooled versions that operate from -40° to +75°C.
- -40° to +80°C available in a conduction-cooled, solid state drive configuration.
- Operating shock of 40 Gs at 11 ms, half-sine wave for all boards.
- Vibration of 2 Gs from 15 to 2,000 Hz.
The 5330/1 boards feature a 4-port PCIe to SATA II 3 Gb/s controller supporting two on-board and two external SATA 3G drives or four external drives, allowing the boards to be implemented as part of a multi-slot storage array using Elma’s 5332/3 series dual drive storage carriers. The large number of drives supported on a single board makes the series ideal for building high-speed, high capacity systems.
For more information please visit http://www.elma.com/en/products/systems-solutions/embedded-boards/