Serial & SPI Interfaces Industrial Wi-Fi Modules from Radicom Research
Radicom Research (San Jose, CA) has announced the release of their RW8200 Embedded Serial to Wi-Fi Modules. It integrates a M3 Cortex host processor, Broadcom’s BCM44362 Wireless Internet Connectivity for Embedded Devices (WICED) and an embedded processor. Featuring self-contained Wi-Fi subsystem and streamlined data accessibility, the RW8200 allows OEM’s to incorporate wireless connectivity into a broad range of products that previously did not feature networking capability.
The RW8200 has an UART interface with SPI interface support. It enables the addition of secure, interoperable Wi-Fi functionality through a simple serial port using a basic AT command set for wireless products and extended commands. Features include:
- Small size: 0.79” x 1.30” x 0.09” (20 x 33 x 2.2mm).
- 802.11 b/g/n compliant /g/n compliant.
- Low power 3.3V operation.
- Extended operating temperature (-30°C to +85°C).
- On-board antennas or U.FL connectors.
- Dual antennae for MIMO single stream operation.
For more information, visit www.radi.com.