Rugged LDMOS Ups the Power
NXP Semiconductors N.V. (Seattle, WA) has introduced the BLF188XR – the newest member of its XR family of “eXtremely Rugged” LDMOS RF power transistors. Designed for the toughest engineering environments, the BLF188XR delivers improved ruggedness in real-world conditions, capable of withstanding a severe load mismatch with VSWR greater than 65:1 at 5 dB of compression. The BLF188XR is capable of providing an outstanding 1600 W of peak output power and can operate as high as 60 V, and still pass extreme ruggedness testing. Features include:
- Stronger integrated ESD protection allowing the BLF188XR to be used in a Class C mode of operation.
- Easy to design and tune in multiple applications.
- Ideal for high-power linear applications.
- For large-scale industrial, scientific and medical applications in frequency ranges under 300 MHz.
- Recommended for frequency ranges up to 500 MHz.
For more information, visit: www.nxp.com.