Peregrine’s High-Power 7-bit Digital Step Attenuator
Peregrine Semiconductor Corporation (San Diego, CA) announced booth #1811 at the International Microwave Symposium in Seattle that it has expanded its line of high-frequency products with a precision 7-bit Digital Step Attenuator (DSA). Complementing Peregrine’s PE42520 and PE42521 high-frequency RF switches announced today, the PE43704 DSA supports monotonic operation at 8 GHz, with high power handling of +28 dBm. The UltraCMOS technology-based DSA features HaRP technology, resulting in high linearity of IIP3 of +61 dBm at 8 GHz. DSA is ideal for high-frequency and high-power applications in the test-and-measurement market, as Automatic Test Equipment, signal sources, spectrum analyzers, and communication testers. Features include:
- The PE43704 DSA is serial addressable and features.
- Multiple programming modes, including serial, direct parallel, and latched parallel.
- High monotonic attenuation performance of 0.25 dB up to 6 GHz, and 1.0 dB up to 8 GHz.
- Fast settling time of 2 microseconds.
- ESD protection of 2 kV HBM.
For more information, visit www.psemi.com.