VARTA Microbattery's Nickel Based Energy Storage Technology
VARTA Microbattery (Rye, NY) has announced the addition of HVCAP35, a Nickel (Ni) based energy storage system to the V-Cap Series. VARTA Microbattery's new Ni based energy storage system is a hybrid technology that combines the high energy density advantage of batteries, with the high power advantage of supercapacitors. The energy storage system:
- Is designed to provide a long life in high temperature, continuous stand-by, and charge/discharge operation.
- Can withstand a continuous charge at +70°C and discharge at +85°C.
- Provides approximately 10 times the energy density of traditional supercapacitors in the same volume.
- Features a typical capacitance rating of 100F.
- Features a non-flammable aqueous electrolyte.
- Has a failure rate of less than 5 parts per million (5ppm).
For more information visit www.varta-microbattery.com.