Aitech Defense Systems Inc. (Chatsworth, CA) offers the RTCA-compliant C920, a rugged 3U Compact PCI PowerPC-based SBC (single board computer) with a low power dissipation of typically less than 5 W. The new SBC helps reduce engineering resources typically diverted to RTCA design requirements, saving on overall system and software development costs. As the latest evolution in Aitech’s C92x family of rugged, avionics-centric computing boards, the C920 is ideal for high reliability DO-178 and DO-254-based airborne platforms. Features include:
- Increased processing power without the added overhead of additional heat generation.
- A highly integrated PowerQUICC II 8349E processor that is hardware-preconfigured to 400 MHz.
- On-board memory that consists of up to 256 MB fast DDR2 266 SDRAM with ECC protection for exceptional data integrity.
- 128 MB of boot Flash, 256 MB of user Flash, and 512 KB NVRAM implemented with a fast MRAM (magneto-resistive RAM) for fast read/write storage of critical mission and key board parameters.
- A 3U form factor that accommodates a wide range of integrated I/O including two 10/100 BaseT Ethernet ports and two RS-232/-422/-485 serial ports.