AVX Extends TransGuard Varistor Series
AVX Corporation (Greenville, SC) has added several new varistors to its trusted TransGuard and TransGuard Automotive Series. Based on AVX’s reliable zinc-oxide varistor technology, the extended TransGuard series provides customers with a much broader range of voltage and energy rating options than were previously available, significantly expanding both the number and type of applications for which the series are an ideal solution. Features include:
- A high-energy, monolithic multilayer construction that provides state-of-the-art circuit protection from voltage transients caused by ESD, lightning, inductive switching, automotive related transients, and other disruptions.
- Non-linear, bi-directional voltage-current characteristics similar to those of back-to-back zener diodes,
- RoHS compliance.
- An operating temperature range from -55° to +125°C.
- A peak current up to 2,000 A.
- Transient energy up to 12 J.
- Ni/Sn-plated terminations for lead free soldering, or with Pd/Ag terminations for hybrid assembly.
- Availability in 0201 to 2220 (TransGuard Series) and 0402 to 2220 (TransGuard Automotive Series) surface-mount case sizes.
- A working voltage range from 3.3 to 85 VDC (TransGuard Series) and 5.6 to 85 VDC (TransGuard Automotive Series).
For more information visit www.avx.com.