New RFU630 RFID Interrogator from SICK
SICK (Minneapolis, MN) has announced the launch of the new RFU630 RFID Interrogator. The RFU630 Ultra High Frequency (UHF) RFID read/write unit is a fully integrated proximity interrogator for use with passive transponders in applications with scanning distances of up to 5 m. The RFU630 operates at the industry standard range for long-range Ultra High Frequency applications and has FCC approval and CE marking, among other country-specific certifications, making this device applicable around the globe. Features include:
- A fully integrated, industry standard, Ultra High Frequency (UHF) read/write head includes a sophisticated controller, antenna, and communications protocols in an industrial IP 67 housing, which saves space and startup costs.
- On-board industrial communications protocols of EtherNet TCP/IP, EtherNet/IP, and Profinet. RS-232, RS-422/485, and CANopen.
- Integration with Profibus, DeviceNet, and EtherCAT networks.
- On-board protocols and connectors that minimize the number of different parts to purchase while maximizing flexibility for plant communications.
- A reduced MTTR and initial setup time by utilizing parameter cloning via the Micro-SD cloning card or add more digital I/O points and increase your flexibility by using the CMC cloning module.
- A die-cast, IP 67 aluminum housing that provides a rugged enclosure and protection.
- A programmable, multi-color LED located in the middle of the antenna face and the audible beeper, which are useful for quick troubleshooting without the need to carry around a computer in the plant.
For more information visit www.sickusa.com.