IAR Systems (Sweden) has released a new version of its development tool suite IAR Embedded Workbench for Renesas RL78. The new version 1.30 adds a large amount of new functionality for code writing and debugging. Features include:
- New text editor and source browser, which includes user-friendly features such as auto-completion, parameter hints, code folding, block select and indent, bracket matching, zooming and word/paragraph navigation.
- Project connections functionality for automated integration with device configuration tools.
- The possibility to connect an E1 or E20 emulator to a running system to inspect it without interrupting program execution.
- Sampled Graphs and several new windows
- A new Custom SFR window that allows users to define custom special function registers (SFRs) in C-SPY with selectable access size and type, while the Call Graph window displays all calls made to and from each function from any source file in the active project.
For more information visit www.iar.com/ewrl78.