QRC Technologies (Fredericksburg, VA) has announced the launch of its Wide Band Transcorder (WBT), a self-contained radio frequency (RF) recording and playback system, that helps commercial enterprises and government organizations more quickly and cost-effectively address various RF problems.
The WBT is ideal for a wide range of applications and industries including reference signal recording and playback, signal analysis, electronic warfare, market penetration, interference analysis, training, receiver test and design, security, competitive analysis, surveillance, spectrum allocation, repeater, IED profiling, RADAR testing, and other capabilities.
Sample use cases can be found at WBT.QrcTech.com and include, but are not limited to, industries such as:
- Telecommunications – Pinpoint the root cause of dropped calls and enhance the user experience
- Capital Equipment Optimization – Record complex waveforms or special test cases from other equipment and/or simulation and signal processing tools and replay them at an unlimited number of locations.
- Government – Identify commercial and military radar interference to keep troops safe and to simulate real world situations in a controlled test environment.
The WBT allows users to record and analyze in real-time 2x25 MHz Blocks of RF spectrum from 50 MHz to 4.4 GHz and play it back into other devices for repeated analysis. WBT contains an embedded GPS disciplined oscillator (GPSDO), Gigabit Ethernet and eSATAp ports, removable CFAST flash card and two bays that utilize widely commercially available 2.5” solid-state disk drives for continuous recording.
Benefits of the WBT include:
- Compact Size and Light Weight - Unlike competitive solutions that require extensive rack space, the WBT is about the size of a laptop bag, weighs less than 10 pounds and consumes fewer than 70W, making it portable for staff on the go. An optional light weight power pack provides more than two hours of fully untethered use.
- Intuitive Interface - The touch screen features a one-button record/playback interface that requires minimal training. Virtually any technician can quickly gather data from the field to replay in the lab, cutting down travel time for costly engineering staff.
- Unlimited Recording on Inexpensive Media - The operator can easily insert additional recording media into the two drive bays indefinitely without shutdown.
- Lower Cost of Ownership – Traditional systems often require three or more components, numerous interconnects and training. The WBT is physically stackable and remote controllable by other WBT units, thus lowering the cost of recording signal bandwidths larger than 50MHz.
For more information visit http://qrctech.com.