4G LTE AirLink Intelligent Gateway
Sierra Wireless announced that the AirLink GX440 4G LTE rugged wirelessgateway has received certification to operate on the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network. The SierraWireless AirLink GX440 delivers the higher bandwidth required by applications including high-quality wireless video surveillance, multi-data-stream wireless connections to branch locations, or mobile office applications for public safety and field service activities.
The AirLink GX440 marks a significant milestone for Sierra Wireless, as it represents a major network evolution for the latest device platform in the AirLink product family. Launched in early 2011, the AirLink GX Series brought a leading-edge combination of features to the AirLink line, providing a five-fold increase in processor performance, increased ruggedness, hosted remote management capabilities with AirLink Management Services, and an expansion slot for hardware feature enhancements such as additional physical interfaces and wireless local and personal area networking and communications.
Sierra Wireless AirLink GX Series of Intelligent Gateways
Flexible and powerful enough to meet the needs of a wide range of applications in the transportation, industrial machine-to-machine (M2M) and enterprise markets, the Sierra Wireless AirLink GX Series makes solution deployment faster, easier and less expensive for mobile network operators, OEMs, application service providers and end customers.
With the AirLink GX Series, system integrators can standardize on a single gateway platform to serve the needs of all of theircustomers. Key features include:
• Rugged hardware design – Engineered and verified to comply with industry and wireless requirements including Mil-STD 810-F, IEC60068, IP64, Class 1 Div 2, and e-Mark
• High processing performance – ARM 11-class microprocessor architecture with high-capacity DDR memory provides a powerful foundation for high-bandwidth applications
• Security – Support for security protocols that enable integration in IPsec-compliant VPNs and PCI-compliant solutions
• ALEOS embedded intelligence – Provides a highly configurable platform and comprehensive remote management capabilities, enabling over-the-air firmware upgrades, events reporting, and much more
• AirLink Management Services – Cloud-based remote management for the GX Series can also be employed to manage existing AirLink 2G and 3G devices, easing integration and deployment into existing systems. Powered by Sierra Wireless AirVantage M2M Cloud Platform.
“The certification of the AirLink GX440 on the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network is a plus for our M2M customers,” said Emmanuel Walckenaer, senior vice president, Solutions and Services, Sierra Wireless. “The extremely versatile and rugged AirLink GX440 gateway, when combined with the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network, will enable our customers to deploy M2M solutions that can scale as their applications and use cases evolve.”
“Verizon Wireless is on the cutting edge when it comes to working with top-level technology companies,” said Janet Schijns, vice president, Global Industry Solutions and Channels, Verizon Enterprise Solutions. “The Sierra Wireless AirLink GX440 will enable enterprise and government customers to deploy 4G LTE solutions such as digital signage, video monitoring, and remote offices in areas where extreme environmental conditions exist.”
For more information about the Sierra Wireless AirLink GX440 and our entire line of Intelligent Gateways and Routers, please visit http://www.sierrawireless.com/productsandservices/AirLink.aspx.
Posted by Janine E. Mooney, Editor
January 9, 2012