Ironwood Electronics (Eagan, MN) has recently introduced a new BGA socket design using high performance elastomer capable of 40 GHz, very low inductance, high endurance and wide temperature applications. The SM-BGA-9032 socket is designed for 35x35 mm package size and operates at bandwidths up to 40 GHz with less than 1dB of insertion loss. The socket is also designed to dissipate few watts with compression screw and can be customized up to 100 watts with modified fin design on top of the screw and adding axial flow fan. The contact resistance is typically 15 milliohms per pin. The socket connects all pins with 40 GHz bandwidth on all connections. The socket is mounted on the target PCB with no soldering, and uses industry's smallest footprint. Features include:
- Constructed with lever actuated clamshell lid which incorporates a quick insertion method.
- High performance and low inductance elastomer contactor.
- Temperature range of -55 C to +150 C.
- Pin self-inductance+ of 0.10 nH and mutual inductance of 0.007 nH.
- Capacitance to ground of 0.069 pF.
- Capacity of 4 amps per pin.
For more information, visit: www.ironwoodelectronics.com.