Take Big Ideas to the Cloud with TI’s Tiva C Series Connected LaunchPad
Quickly connect to the Internet with easy-to-use, $19.99 evaluation tool based on Tiva TM4C1294 MCU with integrated Ethernet MAC+PHY
Texas Instruments (Austin, TX) [NASDAQ: TXN ] has announced the latest addition to its popular microcontroller LaunchPad ecosystem – the Tiva C Series Connected LaunchPad . This Internet of Things (IoT), innovative platform enables engineers and makers to rapidly prototype a wide range of cloud-enabled applications, bringing expansive connectivity to any new or existing LaunchPad-based application. The Tiva C Series TM4C1294NCPDT MCU  on-board adds advanced Ethernet technology and the largest memory footprint available in the LaunchPad ecosystem . The robust performance and diverse peripherals on this platform can run multiple communication stacks simultaneously, allowing engineers to develop network gateways that can connect multiple endpoints to the cloud. Example applications include sensor gateways, home automation controllers, industrial communication/control networks, and cloud-enabled gadgets/appliances.
The Tiva C Series Connected LaunchPad contains two BoosterPack XL plug-in interfaces, allowing designers to connect to a wide range of compatible BoosterPacks, providing the capability to expand application reach with sensors, displays, wireless modules, and more.
Features and benefits of the Tiva C Series Connected LaunchPad:
- Connect and communicate with products and services using on-board 10/100 Ethernet MAC+PHY with advanced-line diagnostics for smart identification of cabling issues. Integrated CAN and USB provide high-speed connectivity, allowing the creation of seamless gateway solutions.
- Control outputs and manage multiple events, such as lighting, sensing, motion, display, and switching, using sensor aggregation capabilities with 10 I2C ports, two fast accurate 12-bit analog-to-digital converters, two quadrature encoder inputs, three on-chip comparators, external peripheral interface, and advanced pulse-width modulation outputs.
- Use the on-board cloud solution to remotely interact with applications running on the Tiva C Series Connected LaunchPad(s).
- Maximize the value of IoT applications with scalable cloud technologies and visual analytics. These enable designers to connect remotely through a web browser or custom application to manage the Tiva C Series Connected LaunchPad and real-time data.
- Interconnect to standard breadboards for easy prototyping with the I/O grid array using industry-standard headers.
- Regulate application power levels with on-board TI analog: TPS2052BDRBR (fault-protected power switch, dual-channel) and TPS73733DRV (3.3 LDO fixed out and 5V in).
Boost designs with available hardware and software offerings:
A large ecosystem of BoosterPack plug-in modules allows various application extensions. Developers can use TI’s SimpleLink Wi-Fi CC3000 BoosterPack, SimpleLink Bluetooth low energy CC2541-based BoosterPack from Anaren, as well as many other TI and third- party BoosterPack solutions. Included with the Tiva C Series Connected LaunchPad is an extensive TivaWare software foundation with more than 50 accompanying software application examples, accelerating software development time and allowing developers to concentrate on delivering differentiated products to the market more quickly.
For more information, visit www.ti.com .