ON Semiconductor Introduces Efficient Battery Monitors
ON Semiconductor (Phoenix, AZ) [Nasdaq: ONNN ] has introduced a new family of complementary metal-oxide semiconductor (CMOS) ‘battery fuel gauge’ integrated circuits that provide accurate measurements of the remaining power level of one-cell lithium-ion (Li+) batteries commonly used in a wide range of portable electronics such as smartphones, tablets, and digital cameras. The new LC709201F, LC709202F, and LC709203F combine high levels of accuracy with the lowest power consumption for competitive devices performing this function. Key features include:
- A reduced component count & system cost.
- Reduced measurement errors to below ± 5 % or below ± 2.8 %.
- A sub 0.2 µA power saving sleep mode.
- An I2C interface and communications pin, plus further pins.
- Accommodation of any emerging Lithium Ion battery chemistry type.
For more information, visit www.onsemi.com .