SICK  (Minneapolis, MN) recently announced the launch of the DFS2X line of programmable incremental encoders. These 16-bit encoders feature:
- Compact, rugged mechanical design.
- Metal code disc that fits in nearly all applications.
- Shaft, blind hollow, and through hollow versions in a small 2-inch housing, as well as a shaft version with a 2.5-inch housing.
- Resistance to shock and vibrations, which reduces downtime and enables use in harsh environments.
- A variety of programmable options, enabling configuration of the resolution, the zero pulse phase, and other settings on a single encoder, thereby reducing spare parts inventory.
- Settings from 1 to 65,536 PPR.
- The DFS2X is ideal for packaging, printing, roll diameter sensing, and general manufacturing applications that require precise positional feedback or speed monitoring. It can also be used to provide speed and direction input to both bar code and 3D camera systems.
For more information, please visit www.sickusa.com 
SICK recently announced the launch of the DFS2X line of programmable incremental encoders.