New Battery-Operated Proving Unit from Megger
Megger  now offers a palm-sized, battery-operated proving unit that provides a substitute voltage source for testing a two-pole tester. The MPU690 helps to ensure that a voltage tester is capable of detecting voltage safely and efficiently. The compact, portable device is ideal for use where a live voltage testing source is not available or where maneuverability is limited, such as being up on a ladder or in a tight, confined space. For simplified operation, the proving unit automatically turns on when voltage test prods are inserted into the unit’s output terminals.
- Generates stepped voltages beginning at 690 V and slowly ramps down until the device shuts off, giving an indication that the two pole voltage tester can indicate voltages at different levels correctly.
- Includes LED lights to indicate individual voltage steps as well as a power display.
- Generates AC frequency output voltage when in use, simulating the AC power supply. This high output power is ideal for use with test lamp testers that utilize a small bulb to indicate the presence of voltage.
- Operating temperature range of -10ºC to +40ºC.
- Measures 130 x 68 x 49 mm.
- Extended battery life–running on six AA LRO6 alkaline batteries.
- Features a magnetic base and a rugged case.
For more information, please visit www.megger.com