Modular Motor Protection System
Carlo Gavazzi  (Buffalo Grove, IL) has launched the DMPU Series Motor Protection System. The DMPU is a modular electronic motor protection relay to control, monitor and protect the performance of 3-phase constant or dual speed, AC induction motors. The DMPU device measures electrical motor variables (voltage, current, harmonic distortion, power, energy and earth leakage current), monitoring overloads through the thermal model, controlling them and measuring other variables, such as motor and bearing temperature. Features include:
- Data logger function for storing trends of electrical variables and alarms.
- Fast data logging for storing start-up profiles.
- Profibus and Modbus TCP/IP protocols available to insert DMPU into multiple applications.
- HMI operator interface is freely programmable and can show instantaneous values and alarm messages.
- Windows based DMPU-PS configuration and monitoring software.
For more information, visit: www.GavazziOnline.com .