Littelfuse Increases Voltage Output of Multipulse SIDAC Devices
Littelfuse, Inc.  (Chicago, IL) has introduced the Kxxx1GL Series Multipulse SIDAC, a thyristor power control device designed for use in 220 to 240 VAC line installations. The thyristor, when coupled with a capacitor and transformer, generates the multiple high-voltage pulses required to ignite metal-halide lamps. These new devices offer designers of metal-halide lamp ignition circuits the advantages of lower switching loss for higher pulse voltages, improved tolerance for input voltage variations, and longer pulse durations than the company’s earlier Kxxx1G Series devices. Features include:
- A lower switching loss than earlier Kxxx1G Series Multipulse SIDAC.
- A tighter breakover/trigger voltage control than Kxxx1G Series.
- A low dynamic holding current.
- A min of 3 pulses per AC half-cycle.
- Availability in bulk or tube packed in quantities of 1,000 or 5,000.
For more information visit http://www.littelfuse.com .