New GAW113 acoustic vent from W. L. Gore & Associates
The new GAW113 acoustic vent from W. L. Gore & Associates’  (Elkton, MD) Portable Electronic Vents group is designed to provide dust and splash protection for acoustic openings in portable electronic devices such as scanners, two-way radios, tablet and laptop PCs, and other devices where reliable performance is essential. The new GAW113 vents:
- Are a proprietary non-woven composite material that adheres to the acoustic openings.
- Provide a water spray efficiency of 90%.
- Capture particulates as small as 5 microns (µm).
- Are a dark gray in color to provide a neutral complement to device designs.
- Have a thickness of only 0.47 mm.
- Feature an improved spray resistance to IP54 testing, and a thinner profile and < 2dB of acoustic transmission loss.
For more information visit www.gore.com/gaw113 .