Cypress’s New $25 PSoC 4 Pioneer Kit
Cypress Semiconductor Corp.  (San Jose, CA) [NASDAQ: CY ] and Premier Farnell  (London), have announced that customers can pre-order Cypress’s new PSoC 4 Pioneer Kit. Combined with the free PSoC Creator Integrated Design Environment (IDE), the expandable kit enables engineers to create unique designs powered by the PSoC 4 Programmable System-on-Chip. Embedded engineers finally have the power of an ARM Cortex-M0 processor combined with the flexibility of the programmable analog and digital fabric of the PSoC architecture in the palm of their hands. The PSoC 4 Pioneer Kit:
- Includes Arduino Shield and Digilent Pmod compatible connectors, enabling customers to pick from a variety of third-party expansion boards.
- Includes a CapSense slider, an RGB LED, and a user button.
- Has an onboard PSoC 5LP device that serves as the programmer and debugger.
- Offers best-in-class power leakage of 150 nA while retaining SRAM memory, programmable logic, and the ability to wake up from an interrupt.
- Only consumes 20 nA while maintaining wake-up capability.
- Enables full analog and digital operation from 1.71 to 5.5 V.