Littelfuse Introduces First Fuse Certified under UL913
Littelfuse, Inc.  (Chicago, IL) has introduced the PICO 259-UL913 Series Intrinsically Safe Fuse, the first and only Fuse to be certified under the latest revision of the UL913 Safety Standard for Intrinsically Safe Apparatus and Associated Apparatus for Use in Class I, II, and III, Division 1, Hazardous (Classified) Locations. The PICO 259-UL913 Series is a range of encapsulated, hermetically sealed fuses that are ideal for 125 V applications in the oil, gas, mining, chemical, pharmaceutical, and food/beverage processing industries. Features include:
- A hermetically sealed, encapsulated design
- Applicability in oil, gas, mining, chemical, pharmaceutical, and food/beverage processing industries.
- Current rating options from 62 mA to 5 A.
- Operation in a range of hazardous environments.
- RoHS compliance.
- The fuse encapsulation prevents heat and sparks from being exposed to the hazardous gases or dust in the environment.
- Eliminates the need for an additional potting, epoxy, or encapsulation process for the fuse, thereby reducing total product cost.
- Increases overall safety of the apparatus, which enhances protection of human life in hazardous operating environments.
For more information visit http://Littelfuse.com .