Integrated Multi-Vendor System from Elma
Elma Electronic Inc.  (Fremont, CA), in cooperation with Pentek, Inc.  and Concurrent Technologies , has developed a small form factor (SFF), OpenVPX-based signal acquisition system for processing and recording applications. The new SigPro1, the first in Elma's OpenATR Series of systems, demonstrates interoperability of a multivendor OpenVPX-compliant board set, strengthening the VPX ecosystem, and reducing user dependence on single-sourced systems. Features include:
- A recording capability @ over 200 MB/sec.
- A dual channel record and playback mode.
- Dual A/D converters operating @ 200 MS/s, 14-bit or 500 MS/s, 12-bit.
- Pentek’s Cobalt series FPGA XMC with a high performance A/D front end.
- Concurrent Technologies’ 803 Series 3U VPX-REDI Core i7 single board computer.
- A configurable hardware platform base for multiple uses.
- A 3-slot VPX backplane, with the card payload packaged in a compact, conduction-cooled chassis measuring only 5.12” x 6.9” x 12.25”.
- A 28 VDC power supply, which includes 2-output D/A converters and two 2-1/2” SATA drives.