Aitech’s ARM-Based RIO-NG
Aitech Defense Systems Inc.  (Chatsworth, CA) now offers the RIO-NG, a modular digital processing platform that can be easily customized for a variety of high-reliability military, industrial, and space applications that require ultra-low power and a compact form factor. Features include:
- Distributed processing and parallel task completion principles.
- Multiple concurrent DMA channels.
- Parallel system-on-chip peripherals.
- A high efficiency CPU core.
- A common digital processing platform that provides standard functionality to handle all aspects of data acquisition.
- Personality Modules can be added to manage such process control functions as A/D and D/A conversion, RTD sensors, and LVDT drives and high current interfaces.
- Less than 300 mW of power.
- Up to 128 digital channels.
- A variety of built-in digital bus and analog interfaces.
- Vibration up to 40 G RMS at 11 mS.
- 1 MB of built-in on-chip Flash memory and 512 kB of on-chip RAM.