Sierra Wireless Introduces AirPrime Wireless Modules
Sierra Wireless  (Spain) [NASDAQ: SWIR ] has introduced the industry’s most advanced architecture for embedded wireless communications, designed to vastly simplify and accelerate the development and deployment of M2M solutions. The architecture will be available across 2G to 4G technologies in the next generation of AirPrime embedded wireless modules, which are equipped with:
- Powerful multicore processor with dedicated application core and integrated M2M functionality that simplifies system design, lowers total system cost, and dramatically reduces power consumption.
- Built-in connectivity to secure cloud services, providing simple integration of machine data with enterprise applications and convenient remote management that scales easily to millions of devices.
- Open application framework with ready-to-use building blocks, including a substantial set of M2M libraries and development tools that save time for embedded software developers and help them get their products to market more quickly.
- Built in collaboration with ARM.
- An an advanced tri-core architecture that includes a 2G EDGE modem.
- A dedicated high-speed ARM application processor.
- A unique implementation of the ARM Cortex-M0 processor to enable ultra-low power operation.
- Qualcomm Technologies’ Gobi 9x15 chipset.
- Seamless integration with the AirVantage M2M Cloud.
For more information visit http://www.sierrawireless.com/NextGenModule s.