Pulse Electronics Introduces Ultra-thin NFC Ferrite Sheet Antenna
Pulse Electronics Corporation  (San Diego, CA) [NYSE: PULS ] has introduced a near field communications (NFC) antenna that is 40% thinner than similar NFC ferrite sheet antennas, while still complying with the EMVCo specification. The new ferrite sheet antenna:
- Enables mobile devices to read data from a distance of up to 40 mm to enable them to communicate with other wireless devices for payments, access and control, credential storage and exchange, and content consumption.
- Ensures global interoperability and compatibility of chip-based payment cards and acceptance devices.
- Sends and receives clear signals even when installed in a handset in close proximity to the battery or metal housing.
- Measures 35 x 50 mm in size with a minimum thickness of 0.185 mm and a pad size of 2x2 mm.
- Is constructed of a thin ferrite with one-sided flex and a thinner adhesive.
For more information visit http://www.pulseelectronics.com .