450W TVS Diode Arrays from Littelfuse
Littelfuse, Inc.  (Chicago, IL) has introduced the 450 W SD05 (unidirectional) and SD05C (bidirectional) Series General-purpose TVS Diode Arrays (SPA Devices), which are designed to replace multilayer varistors (MLVs) for protecting electronic equipment from damage due to electrostatic discharge (ESD) and other transient events. Unlike ceramic devices, which have an inherent wear-out factor, SD05 and SD05C Series devices are made of silicon diodes, which allows them to absorb repetitive ESD strikes or surge transients safely without performance degradation. Features include:
- A low-dynamic resistance of 0.5Ω for SD05 and 0.6Ω for SD05C.
- Up to a 50% reduction in clamping voltage.
- Surge surge currents up to 30 A.
- Applicability in buttons/keypads, switches, DC power ports, and various other low-speed I/Os in point-of-sale terminals, test equipment or instrumentation, medical equipment, desktop/notebook computers, servers, computer peripherals, etc.
- Low leakage of 1µA max.
- No inherent wear-out factor.
- SOD-323 package that fits existing 0805 PCB footprints.
For more information visit www.littelfuse.com .