Passive Copper and Active Optical QSFP-based Cable Assemblies
FCI (Etters, PA) has expanded the QSFP+ (Quad Small Form-factor Pluggable) portion of its XLerate High Speed I/O product line offerings to include passive copper and active optical cable offerings that are fully compliant to the Infiniband FDR (Fourteen Data Rate - 14 Gb/s per channel) specification. The QSFP+ system and form factor is particularly well suited for high transactional system applications that are typically deployed in data center, networking and high performance computing platforms. Features include:
- Full compliance to the SFF-8436 specifications.
- A minimum of four times the port bandwidth capability when compared to existing SFP+ systems.
- An SMT 38-position RoHS-compliant edge card connector (10 G).
- A PCB-mounted EMI metal cage with a die-cast heat sink.
- An associated mounting clip.
For more information visit www.fciconnect.com .