Agilent Technologies' Newest 3-D Electromagnetic Simulation Software Release Targets EMI Compliance
Santa Clara, CA -- Agilent Technologies Inc.  has announced the latest release of Electromagnetic Professional (EMPro), its 3-D electromagnetic simulation software.
EMPro 2013 helps design engineers identify and resolve difficult electromagnetic interference (EMI) problems. It also offers a number of new capabilities to reduce simulation time and increase design efficiency.
EMPro 2013 allows engineers to simulate the radiated emissions of electronic circuits and components and then determine whether these emissions are within levels specified by common electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) standards, such as FCC Part 15, CISPR 22 and MIL-STD-461F. This capability is enabled by new specification-compliance templates, as well as several enhancements to both EMPro's finite element method (FEM) and finite difference time domain (FDTD) simulators.
"With more electronics being integrated into smaller packages, EMI problems are quickly becoming a leading cause of new product delays," said Marc Petersen, EMPro product manager at Agilent EEsof EDA. "As a result, designers are now turning to EM simulation to catch these problems early and ensure their designs are compliant with EMI specifications. Our newest EMPro software release provides designers the capabilities they need to address this challenge head on."
EMPro 2013 introduces several enhancements that cover a broad range of applications, including:
- A simulation management tool for launching remote and distributed simulations on high-end servers and compute clusters, disconnecting and later reconnecting a client computer, and receiving status updates on a mobile device.
- Increased FEM mesh performance and robustness for large designs.
- New FEM hybrid boundary conditions that result in higher simulation speed and accuracy.
- FDTD simulation enhancements in the areas of port accuracy and graphical processing unit acceleration.
- A real-time electrical connectivity checking tool in the main geometry modeling window that prevents inadvertent gaps between conductors.
- A parameterized trace component for modeling IC and printed circuit board interconnects.
- Numerous graphical user interface enhancements, in the areas of snapping, bending, length measurements, results display and managing large groups of objects.
For more information visit www.agilent.com.