Engineering Newswire 14: Blowing Up James Bond’s Aston Martin
- Propshop Modelmakers, which commissioned Augsburg-based voxeljet to 3D print James Bond’s Aston Martin.
- Researchers at the University of Illinois create new non-electronic, biological machines created by 3D printing the soft gelatin like polymer, hydrogel, and combining it with the heart cells of a rat.
- The NanoTech Institute at the University of Texas in Dallas has created new artificial muscles based on carbon nanotubes yarns that are one-tenth the diameter of a human hair.
- The “SUV of Motorcycles” is a nifty two-wheeler that sports a single cylinder, four-valve, liquid-cooled 750cc engine.
- Virginia Tech’s Robotics and Mechanisms Laboratory built a humanoid robot, CHARLI-2, back in 2011 as a platform to help those with disabilities cook, clean, and carry items.
November 29, 2012