DAS Products to Provide Wireless Services at Democratic and Republican National Conventions
TE Connectivity today announced that its distributed antenna systems (DAS) have been deployed for capacity crowds in key venues at both the Democratic and Republican national conventions. TE’s DAS products, including FlexWave Prism, InterReach Spectrum, and InterReach Fusion will provide “gavel to gavel” 3G and 4G mobile coverage and capacity at these major events, which host thousands of delegates, reporters and support staff who will want to send and receive texts, e-mails, videos, and other bandwidth-intensive data.
TE DAS products are providing 3G and 4G coverage and capacity in the major venues at the Democratic National Convention in Charlotte, NC, held on September 4-7 2012, and at the Republican National Convention in Tampa Bay, FL held on August 27-30, 2012. Specific venues and products are as follows:
Democratic National Convention
- Charlotte Motor Speedway, site of a family-friendly event prior to the official opening of the convention.
– FlexWave Prism and InterReach Fusion products will provide mobile service.
- Time Warner Cable Arena, site of the main convention proceeding.
– InterReach Spectrum products will deliver mobile service.
- Bank of America Stadium, site of President Obama’s acceptance speech.
– FlexWave Prism and InterReach Fusion products will deliver mobile service.
Republican National Convention
- Tampa Bay Times Forum, site of the main convention proceedings.
– InterReach Spectrum will provide mobile service.
TE also delivered mobile services at the 2008 Democratic and Republican national conventions, and its DAS products are quickly becoming the de facto standard for high-profile events around the world including Olympic venues and sites hosting professional sports playoffs.
“When mobile services have to be ubiquitous and robust enough for capacity crowds in major venues, mobile operators and building owners increasingly call on TE Connectivity for solutions,” said Alan Clarke, president of network solutions at TE Connectivity. “The precision, ease of deployment, and capacity of our DAS solutions are ideal for the large stadiums and arenas where these important events are held.”
Posted by Sara Cohen, Editorial Intern
July 10, 2012