Tangoe Announces Immediate Support for iOS 7 and Expands Mobile Device Management Features
Orange, Conn. — September 17, 2013 — Tangoe has announced the release of Mobile Device Management (MDM) software version 13.2. The latest enhancements include support of Apple’s iOS 7 and application virtualization capabilities.
As a result of the changing mobile landscape, enterprises are facing more and more risk and are often limited by not having the proper support staff or technical capabilities required to keep pace with changes that major upgrades like iOS 7 can have on enterprises. As part of its Managed Mobility Solution (MMS) offering, Tangoe delivers managed services for its entire solution suite that optimizes and manages the lifecycle of mobile enterprise communications resources including: solution hosting, administrative services, end-user help desk, and on-site MDM administrative support.
“The influx of new and less expensive mobile devices entering the market combined with the complexities of managing a fully connected enterprise in a BYOD world has created even more risk,” said Wayne DeCesaris, senior vice president of Managed Solutions, Tangoe. “With this risk comes the need for a solution that can effectively block, isolate and provide secure application access while being device agnostic. As part of our MMS offering, device management and user support can now be fully outsourced so that our customers can easily manage these upgrades while focusing on their core businesses.”
Tangoe believes that Apple’s recent launch of iOS 7 signals Apple’s continued pursuit of the enterprise market, as iOS 7 provides enhanced security, and powerful new ways to configure and deploy devices on a global scale. Tangoe’s updated solution suite is designed to support many of the enhancements provided by iOS 7, including:
- Enterprise Single Sign On (SSO) – Seamless access to multiple applications and websites using Kerberos authentication. Tangoe MDM and Tangoe WEM solutions all use SSO.
- Multi-tasking – Recognizes applications that the user most frequently uses throughout the day, provides background checks to keep the application going, automatically adapts to network coverage when used, and allows the user to run multiple apps at once – allowing the user to move in and out of applications without returning to home between each task. In a BYOD environment, Tangoe containerization prevents user errors when moving from corporate to personal applications.
- AirDrop – Provides iPad and iPhone users with the ability to share documents directly with each other over wireless networks rather than using cloud storage or sending email attachments. The risk with this feature is the unintentional sharing of corporate data from the device to other phones, tablets, printers and PCs. If working in a BYOD environment, Tangoe MDM can scan for eligible file types and enable/disable configuration parameters via containerization.
- WiFi Payloads – Allows IT to specify a preferred network connect order. Improved identity payload allows Tangoe MDM protocol requests to be marked with timestamps and additional data like phone numbers or email addresses.
- Application Virtualization – Offers a secure tunnel, authentication and authorization of the application and access to the respective network resource delivering the application. It also protects the application and data from other applications on the device. With Tangoe MDM, IT can now mobilize legacy window applications to a tablet or smart device, including the ability to have a touch screen and mimic the touch UI securely. Tangoe MDM now supports all iOS VPN configuration options.
For more information, visit www.tangoe.com