iDevices Announces My Virtual Closet Wearable Bluetooth Technology & APP
My Virtual Closet to revolutionize in-store and at-home shopping experience for consumers & fashion industry—gives users unparalleled after-purchase experience
Avon, CT, August 27, 2013 – iDevices announced My Virtual Closet at the Broadcom Connecting Everything media event held in San Francisco. iDevices has set up a worldwide consortium for fashion designers to collaborate with iDevices on this Bluetooth app-enabled experience set to revolutionize the fashion industry.
The My Virtual Closet app communicates with the fashion designer’s garments using Bluetooth Smart technology. Through a discreetly placed package with a BLE chip and small coin cell battery within clothing, handbags, and shoes, designers and consumers will be able to interact like never before.
“My Virtual Closet is an idea that I had several months ago with the uproar in wearable technology,” said CEO of iDevices, Chris Allen. “It’s something I think will not only revolutionize the in-store and at home experience for customers but will add unparalleled value for designers.”
There are two elements to the My Virtual Closet app and wearable technology experience:
1. Point-of-sale: The Virtual Shopping Assistant.
2. At home: My Virtual Closet.
Point-of-Sale: The Virtual Shopping Assistant App Provides Garment Details, Inventory Look-Up, & Recommended Purchases
The Virtual Shopping Assistant app is the first element, which is encountered by consumers in-store. Bluetooth Smart enabled garments positioned throughout the store allow for self-guided shopping, meaning more flexibility for store representatives, higher sales revenues and a flawless store flow.
The Virtual Shopping Assistant Features:
- Product information: Displays full garment details, including descriptions, images, videos, care instructions, etc.
- Inventory look-up: Gives sales assistants and shoppers the ability to see in-store inventory and order online directly from the app.
- In-app recommendations: Increases in-store revenue through cross-sell opportunities.
- Wish list: Shoppers are able to add items to their personal wish list for future purchase.
- Social sharing: Shoppers can share in-store pieces on their social networks.
- At home – My Virtual Closet App organizes wardrobes, builds outfits, shares with friends
The second element of My Virtual Closet takes place when the user is at home with their Bluetooth-enabled garments. The My Virtual Closet App gives users an after-purchase experience never created before. Using the app, users can organize, locate, share and piece together their wardrobe right from the palm of their hand.
My Virtual Closet App Features:
- Organize your wardrobe: Consumers can view and edit multiple wardrobes (i.e. home, beach house, apartment, and travel).
- Build outfits: Piece together an outfit based on current weather and coordinating recommendations.
- After-purchase cross-selling: Designers can recommend correlating pieces available for purchase online or at the nearest store location.
- Share with friends: Lend and request to borrow wardrobe items with other My Virtual Closet fashionistas.
- Individual garment data: Track the number of times worn, last location, most recent dry cleaning, total wears, date purchased and number of friends that own that piece.
- Social community: Share your outfits with your social network.
For more information, visit www.idevicesinc.com.