Analog Devices’ RMS Power Detector Offers Unparalleled Frequency Performance and Flexibility
Norwood, MA -- BUSINESS WIRE-- Analog Devices, Inc. (ADI) has introduced a high-performance RMS power detector. Featuring operation up to 10 GHz and a 67 dB measurement range, the ADL5906 TruPwr RMS detector is frequency versatile and eliminates the need for external input tuning devices, such as a balun.
The ADL5906 RF detector is well-suited for a variety of applications that require an accurate RMS measurement of signal power including communications infrastructure, power amplifier linearization, Point-to-Point and Point-to-MultiPoint, cable, military, satellite, instrumentation equipment and ISM band transmitters.
Requiring only a single supply of 5 V and a few capacitors, the new ADL5906 power detector is easy-to-use and capable of being driven with a single-ended or differential input drive. Furthermore, the ADL5906 provides low temperature drift across a broad -55° to +125°C that is highly repeatable from part-to-part, thereby reducing design risk and manufacturing costs.
ADL5906 TruPwr RMS Power Detector Key Features:
- Accurate RMS-to-dc conversion from 10 MHz to 10 GHz.
- Single-ended ± 1 dB detection range: 67 dB at 2140 MHz, no balun or external input matching required.
- Response-independent of waveform types such as GSM/CDMA/W-CDMA/TD-SCDMA/WiMAX/LTE .
- Linear-in-decibels output, scaled 55 mV/dB @ 2140 MHz.
- Temperature stability of < ±1 dB from -40° to +85°C.
- Operates from -55° to +125°C.
- Power-down capability to 250 µA.
- Pin-compatible with the ADL5902 and AD8363 TruPwr detectors.
For more information visit http://www.analog.com.