X2nSat’s service “ST4G” for the North American continent goes online on March 1st 2013 and will operate from its new teleport in California.
PETALUMA, CA, and SINT-NIKLAAS, Belgium - Satellite equipment specialist Newtec has been selected by California-based X2nSat to provide the equipment for a new B2B broadband and SCADA service. Under the new brand name ST4G, X2nSat will offer reliable and fast connectivity for the enterprise and government markets.
ST4G, 4th Generation of Smart Technology, will provide scalable, low-cost satellite connectivity for data, voice or Internet, reaching all corners of the North American continent and outlying areas.
X2nSat has nearly two decades of experience in satellite communications and numerous fortune 100 clients in energy, healthcare, high-tech and finance.
Garrett Hill, CEO of X2nSat says: “This fourth generation of smart technology for satellite communications will transform the enterprise and government communication field with features including:
- The lowest remote terminal power draw.
- The smallest antenna size.
- The easiest set-up and installation.
“We are pleased to be working closely with Newtec on this network design which is specifically engineered to enterprise and government needs, and able to handle a multitude of applications and uses.”
“We aim to target new customers and migrate existing customers to our new service powered by Newtec's broadband platform and therefore providing additional services and reducing operational costs,” Hill concludes.
Apart from the broadband hub located in X2nSat’s own teleport in Petaluma, CA, the new network will be powered by two types of high speed VSAT terminals in the field:
- Newtec’s MDM2200 IP Satellite Modem has a compact design with high rate capabilities. The equipment has a specially designed modem and interactive LNB, to keep the cost of the terminal to an absolute minimum. For a true broadband experience, the modem incorporates the most efficient technologies available including IP traffic enhancement, acceleration, compression and encryption techniques.
- Newtec’s MDM3100 IP Satellite Modem enables flexible integration in the enterprise infrastructure. Compared to the MDM2200, it offers even higher IP rates and multiple LAN ports. The MDM3100 provides full flexibility with different antenna sizes, frequency bands and output power.
“These two modems are part of our new portfolio designed to provide the highest efficiency throughput in any condition and specifically engineered to fulfill the needs of the enterprise market,” said Serge Van Herck, CEO of Newtec. Van Herck concluded: “Businesses of all sizes now rely on fast and reliable connectivity to operate and we are pleased to be providing the infrastructure that will enable this anywhere in the US and Canada.”