Green Hills Software Celebrates 30 Years of Embedded Industry Leadership
Green Hills Software is celebrating its 30-year anniversary. The company attributes its 30 years of stability and growth to forming strong long-term relationships with customers and partners, remaining focused on delivering leading technology innovation, and the technical depth and stability of its founding executive team.
“Our relationships with customers and industry partners are a critical part of our success,” commented Dan O'Dowd, founder, president and chief executive officer, Green Hills Software. “As we continue to deliver success in the coming decade, we will be focused on solving the critical problems that our customers and the industry face in building intelligent connected devices.”
Green Hills Software has consistently achieved strong growth in earnings and sales, generating more than $1 billion in cumulative revenue and $300 million in net income over its 30 years in business.
Long-term Customer and Partner Relationships
Green Hills Software remains dedicated to delivering success to our customers and partners through a broad offering of world-class engineering solutions and industry-leading, safety- and security-certification experts and services.
Select customer and partner achievements include:
• In 1993, the Ford Motor Company used Green Hills Software’s development tools to develop the first 32-bit automotive electronics control system based on PowerPC technology.
• Motorola used Green Hills development tools for the development of communications satellite software for the Iridium® system of 66 satellites, providing the world’s first global communications capabilities via hand-held and portable wireless phones.
• Toyota Motor Corporation used Green Hills Software's development tools as the development standard for powertrain, drivetrain, power steering, anti-lock brakes, air bags, body control, and electric motor control systems.
• Lockheed Martin used Green Hills Software for several major projects, including the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter and the F-16 fighter jet’s Block 60 mission systems.
• In 2002, Green Hills Software received the first FAA DO-178B Level A certification of a COTS operating system for its INTEGRITY-178B RTOS for use in the Sikorsky S-92 helicopter.
• Numerous Boeing 787 contractors chose Green Hills Software’s INTEGRITY RTOS for use throughout the Boeing 787, covering flight controls, surveillance systems and engine monitoring.
• Bombardier selected Green Hills EN 50128/CENELEC SWSIL 4-certified INTEGRITY RTOS and expert certification services for its next-generation train control management system.
• Green Hills provided the development environment for HP’s inkjet printers and all-in-one devices.
• In 2010, Green Hills Software and Freescale Semiconductor entered into a multi-year strategic agreement to develop, co-market and deliver highly integrated, optimized single and multicore operating system, secure virtualization, and tools solutions.
• Green Hills Software has received numerous customer service excellence awards from its global customers, including Raytheon and Boeing.
“Freescale has enjoyed a long and trusted partnership with Green Hills Software,” stated Rich Beyer, chairman and CEO of Freescale. “On behalf of the entire Freescale family, we congratulate Green Hills on their achievements over the past 30 years and look forward to continued dedication to the success of our mutual customers.”
A Tradition of Leadership in Innovation Green Hills Software’s engineering talent is second to none, and the company’s culture of stretching the limits of technological feasibility results in groundbreaking solutions that improve the efficiency and capability of software developers and their electronic products. Examples of industry firsts include:
• The first embedded 32-bit compiler (Green Hills Compiler, 1983)
• The first embedded graphical IDE (MULTI®, 1993)
• The first commercial, partitioning RTOS (INTEGRITY®, 1997)
• The first independent DO-178B Level A-certified RTOS (INTEGRITY-178B, 2002)
• The first backwards-in-time debugger (TimeMachine™, 2003)
• The first gigabyte-class trace probe (SuperTrace™ Probe, 2003)
• The first embedded secure virtualization solution (INTEGRITY Multivisor™, 2003)
• The first independent IEC 61508 / EN 50128-certified partitioning RTOS (INTEGRITY, 2007)
• The first Common Criteria EAL6+ software security certification (INTEGRITY-178B, 2008)
• The first separation kernel-based MILS PC (INTEGRITY Secure Consolidated Client, 2009)
• The first multicore mobile hypervisor (INTEGRITY Multivisor, 2010)
Depth and Stability of Executive Team
Green Hills Software continues to be led by its founder, Dan O'Dowd. For 30 years, Mr. O'Dowd has been dedicated to building the world’s most advanced software solutions for the industries’ most difficult problems. With combined management experience of over 200 years with Green Hills Software, the executive management team’s employment ranges from 10 to 27 years with the Company.
Green Hills appreciates and is thankful for the trust its valued customers and partners place in it and looks forward to delivering continued excellence in the form of uncompromised solutions to our customers’ most difficult problems for years to come.
Visit Green Hills Software at www.ghs.com.
Posted by Janine E. Mooney, Editor
March 27, 2012