Why GPS Tracking Systems Need to be User-Friendly
Thanks to major advances in GPS technology over the last several years, it's easier and more affordable than ever for small fleets to invest in GPS tracking systems. Still, all tracking systems are not created equal. Without doing a little homework prior to making such a purchase, you could end up with a product that's more trouble than it's worth. If you're going to invest money in a GPS tracking system, it should be as easy to use as it is effective. You shouldn't have to jump through a bunch of hoops to get the information you need.
Five Reasons User-Friendly GPS Tracking Systems are the Best:
- Little or No Training is Required: User-friendly GPS tracking systems have minimal learning curves. You don't have to spend significant amounts of time and money getting your team up to speed. From showing dispatchers how to make the most of these systems to teaching drivers what they need to know, training should be kept to an absolute minimum. After all, everyone has work to do, and there will be fewer hiccups when a tracking system is intuitive to use.
- Plug and Play Operation: If you've held off on investing in a GPS tracking system due to concerns about getting one going, it's time to rethink things. The best products are a breeze to install. Setting up a high-quality GPS tracking system shouldn't be complicated or confusing. As soon as installation and setup are complete, it should be ready to go immediately.
- Let Your Team Focus on What Matters: A GPS tracking system should improve the quality of the services that your company provides — not hinder them. If your employees constantly have to stop what they're doing to make sense of the GPS system, it's doing more harm than good. Once the system is installed and set up, your employees should be able to proceed as usual. In fact, a GPS tracking system should make people's jobs easier. That's especially true for dispatchers, who have a lot to gain by making the most of this technology.
- Gain Valuable Insight: What good is a GPS tracking system going to do if it doesn't enhance your ability to do your job? The ideal system should be easy enough to use that you can easily get all kinds of information from it. You shouldn't have to dig around endlessly to learn pertinent information regarding drivers' habits, usage, efficiency and scheduling. All the information in the world isn't going to help if you can't make heads or tails of it. With that in mind, your system should present such information in a clear, easy-to-understand way.
- Enjoy Superior Accessibility: Make sure to consider how you're going to obtain the information that's tracked by your GPS system too. It shouldn't involve a lot of complicated steps — it should be as simple as possible. The best systems can be accessed via mobile devices like smartphones and tablets, so you can obtain information while you're on the go. You shouldn't be tethered to a desk to make the most of your GPS tracking system, so be sure to keep that in mind while looking for one.
There's no question about it: The right GPS tracking system can make a world of difference when it comes to managing a fleet. Avoid headaches by doing plenty of research ahead of time. Keep the focus on user-friendliness. Don't be swayed by pricing alone. The best deal in the world isn't going to help a whole lot if your GPS tracking system is too difficult to use. With these points in mind, you shouldn't have any trouble finding the perfect option for your fleet.
For more information visit http://www.trackyourtruck.com/systems